I found this dress at Goodwill a few weeks ago [yesss bathroom mirror fotos!]:
As far as 80’s dresses go, it’s not toooo terrible [cue the not quite convinced expression], but not not terrible enough where I would feel compelled to actually wear it in public…. but it fit well [= way less altering] and I like the fabric a lot, so for $3.50, I decided to take it home and add it to my pile of stuff to fix up… and I actually did fix this one up, hooray!
The end result, after shortening the hem about 4 inches, removing shoulder pads/lace collar, and hacking off the sleeves:
- dress: Goodwill
- earrings: gift
- shoes: Mix No. 6 [via DSW]
I’m pretty excited with how it turned out, although I may play around with the bodice a little more at some point. I do have to say, though, that finallyyy completing one major goodwill alteration successfully has given me a little more motivation to tackle the rest of the ones I have…. stay tuned to see if I actually follow through on that :D
blog comments powered by Disqus