Our garden at the house is starting to have stuff come in - best time of the summer! There’s not a lot better in the world than eating a tomato right off the vine :D We eat a looooottttt of Mexican food at home, and this time of year is awesome [insanely hot temperatures notwithstanding…] because we can get most of the ingredients from the garden - no comparison to store bought veggies!
This salsa’s more like pico de gallo; if you’re looking for the pureed kind like what most restaurants serve, check out SBK’s tasty version here!
what you will need:
[there aren’t many fotos because chopping up tomatoes doesn’t mix well with cameras, haha]
- 3-4 large tomatoes, seeded and cut up
- 2-3 large jalapenos [more or less depending on how hot you like it], seeded & diced
- half a large onion [~1/2 cup], diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- juice from one lime [~2 tbsp]
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic [to taste]
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
Chop up veggies and cilantro and throw into a bowl; add lime juice and spices and mix well. Then devour with some corn chips :D It also tastes awesome in tacos, on nachos, in rice casserole like I had for lunch the other day, and probably lots of other things too!
blog comments powered by Disqus