I’ve been doing a looottt of cooking this week, so prepare to see more food than normal soon! This recipe is about as unabashedly Southern as you can get - and the primary ingredient is cheese… ummmm yes please! Sounds like a winning combination to me :D
what you will need:
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Duke’s mayo [I’m only a brand snob when it comes to my mayo and sweet tea, haha… but seriously, it won’t taste right if you use any other kind :D]
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced
- 1 4-oz jar of diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Tabasco sauce to taste [3-4 drops is about my limit]
getting down to business:
> Combine mayo, pimientos, onions, spices, and Tabasco.
> Stir in cheese until blended well. Store in refrigerator.
You can eat it immediately on a sandwich, crackers, pita chips, by itself?! [which I may or may not have done… gotta make sure it’s edible before I let anyone else eat it, right?!] or refrigerate it and eat later - it usually tastes a little better the next day, if you can hold out that long :D I’m planning on putting some of this cheesy goodness on my burger tonight…. so exciteddd. Enjoy!
- lafraseculia likes this
- cupcakesandcableknit likes this
- deathtasteslikechicken reblogged this from twolittlebells
- twolittlebells posted this
blog comments powered by Disqus